Starting date: ASAP
Type of contract: Permanent
Location: Spain - Italy
Job offer: Business Development Manager Southern Europe (M/F)
You are responsible for for Southern Europe (notably Spain and Italy) sales of all our capabilities to biopharma and biotech customers (pharmaceutical industry, CDMO/CMO, animal health, etc.).
You have extensive experience in selling services in CROs to the pharmaceutical industry and has a good understanding of the services offered by us (biophysics, structural biology, pharmacology, chemistry, etc.). You will be responsible for achieving sales targets targeting both small molecules and biologics.
You will work with operations and the other members of the sales team to drive business and you will provide recommendations and feedback to the line management for business development and operational strategy.
Your duties will include:
- Handle the full sales cycle (identification, acquisition, implementation, expansion, and renewal).
- Maintain and develop his/her high level of expertise in our target markets and services and use this knowledge to drive business.
- Promote and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Work with operational scientific resources within the company to meet customer needs.
- Understand and appropriately communicate our offer to our customers. Maintain account awareness and evolving market knowledge.
- Work with CRM databases on a timely basis to enrich our customer knowledge, track business and develop new opportunities.
You have a Master’s degree in chemistry, biology, biophysics, or other Life Science fields related to the our activities, ideally combined with an MBA.
You have a “Business hunter” profile and several years of proven track-record in selling our capabilities in drug discovery.
You have a good understanding of the drug discovery and regulatory process as well as the commercial environment within the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
You have at least 5 years of pharmaceutical industry experience (pharmaceutical companies or CRO) and an experience in structuring and modeling deals. Experience in setting up development activities with biotechs and investments funds would be a plus.
You are fluent in English, and at least in one language between Spanish and Italian and you have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
You are enthusiastic, dynamic, have a strong team spirit, a sense of responsibility and customer service, and above all, an ability to travel worldwide.
Finally, you are passionate about your job, rigorous, autonomous and organized.
The position is based in Spain or Italy – Frequent travel throughout the world to be expected