Starting date: Asap
Type of contract: Permanent
Location: Leuven, Belgium
Job offer: Project manager in cell biology / oncology (M/F)
You will join a young start-up in which you will contribute to move forward the research programs. As a project manager, you will lead a group of 2-4 biologists.
In this context, you will supervise and contribute to all projects conducted within your team to deliver to the client high quality data and interpretations. You will be expected to:
- Rapidly generate high quality data that increases the biological understanding of emerging cancer targets/ compounds and elucidate the mechanism of action of new therapeutics
- Design, develop and execute a variety of robust cellular and biochemical assays.
- Set/conduct primary and secondary screenings to support SAR studies.
- Independently troubleshoot experimental issues.
- Analyze data using adequately described mathematical models (Graphpad).
- Guaranteeing the client satisfaction regarding the data delivery and the timelines.
- Provide written accurate reporting to the customer.
- Manage your team to allow each of them to flourish at work.
- Fluent in English
You should have a PhD in cell biology, in vitro pharmacology, biochemistry or any other related area. You are an experienced and independent cell biologist with practical & theoretical knowledge in developing and running cellular & biochemical assays. A background in the areas of immuno-oncology, cancer genetics, target validation, drug discovery or cell signaling would be ideal. Previous experience in pharma industry would be an asset.
Proven ability to supervise or manage will also be seen positively.
Most importantly, you can demonstrate a solid bench expertise in a variety of cellular, molecular and biochemical approaches such as proliferation and viability assays, RNAi and overexpression experiments, stable cell line generation, signaling assays (ELISA, WB/IP, luciferase reporter assay, BRET,…), FACS and immuno-fluorescence.
We are seeking an enthusiastic scientist, enjoying bench work, who has a keen sense of responsibility and who is able to work independently in experimental execution and data analysis. The candidate is expected to be highly rigorous, reliable, organized and capable of multitasking in an environment with changing priorities.
Apply for this job