Starting date: ASAP
Type of contract: Permanent
Location: Saclay, FRANCE
Job offer: Team leader in structural biology (M/F)
You will join our 7-membered insourced team composed of the team leader, 3 experienced project managers and 3 research associates located at Synchrotron SOLEIL (St Aubin, FRANCE). The role involves managing the team and multiple projects in the field of structural biology for our client. In details, your work will consist in:
- Supervising projects from bibliographic work to structure determination, including clone design, protein production in various expression systems, purification, quality control, crystallization, data collection, structure solution and refinement.
- Managing, supervising and developing the team.
- Communicating with the client by writing reports and oral communication.
- Being NovAliX Saclay’s contact with its host, synchrotron SOLEIL.
- You hold a PhD in crystallography with 6 years minimum of experience in modern crystallography techniques (preferentially experienced in the life science industry).
- Extensive knowledge and experience in construct design, protein biochemistry, crystallogenesis, data collection and solving structures.
- Demonstrated ability to handle ligand and protein-ligand structures.
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects forward with the ability to oversee multiples projects in parallel.
- Additional experience in insect cells culture, membrane proteins and/or characterization of protein/ligand complexes or cryoEM would be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of a small team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in French and English.
- Passionate about structural biology and keen sense of responsibility as well as being a committed team player.
- Rigorous and organized attitude to work with excellent supervisory and reporting skills.