Starting date: ASAP
Type of contract: Temporary
Location: Braine l'Alleud - BELGIUM
Job offer: Research associate in cellular and biochemical assays (M/F)
You will join a group of scientists which supports drug discovery projects.
Under the supervision of a senior scientist, you will contribute to projects aiming at evaluating drug-target interactions. You will be expected to :
- Design and/or execute a variety of cellular and biochemical assays utilizing appropriate protocols with minimal guidance of the senior scientist.
- Conduct autonomously routine screenings to support SAR studies using robotic platforms.
- Troubleshoot experimental issues.
- Assist the senior scientist for the data analysis using adequately described mathematical models (Excel & Graphpad Prism).
- Provide written accurate reporting.
You should have a Master degree in life science, biochemistry, in vitro pharmacology, cell biology, or any other related area.
You can demonstrate solid bench expertise in cell culture and in a variety of cellular and biochemical techniques.
You have hands-on experience with fluorescence and luminescence-based assays, HTRF, FRET/BRET, ELISA, western blot. Previous experiences in lab automation and robotic platforms (PerkinElmer Janus, Beckman Biomek) would be a plus.
Experience in biophysical characterization of proteins using SPR (Biacore) would be an asset.
You beneficiate good practical & theoretical knowledge in in vitro pharmacology, in the fields of enzymology, receptors, transporters.
We are seeking an enthusiastic scientist, enjoying bench work, who has a keen sense of responsibility and who can work independently in experimental execution and data analysis.
The candidate is expected to be highly rigorous, reliable, organized, and capable of multitasking in an environment with changing priorities.