Starting date: ASAP
Type of contract: Permanent
Location: Braine l'Alleud, BELGIUM
Job offer: Research associate biology (M/F)
In this position you will develop and perform in vitro toxicology assays. The position is primarily lab-based.
You will be expected to:
- Establish and maintain cell cultures of primary, hiPSC-derived and immortalized cell lines
- Design and/or execute a variety of biochemical and cellular assays (including high content imaging, immunocytochemistry, ELISA, qPCR, Western blot, cell viability)
- Troubleshoot experimental issues
- Collaborate in the routine maintenance of the lab
- Provide accurate data analysis and reporting
You should have a Bachelor or Master degree in life science, neurobiology, cell biology, toxicology or any other related area.
Most importantly, you can demonstrate a solid bench expertise in performing in vitro cell-based assays and in cell culture, experience with primary and hiPSC-derived cells and 3D culture technologies would be preferable.
Knowledge in molecular biology (RNA extraction, qPCR) and techniques such as immunocytochemistry, fluorescent microscopy, and/or medium/high content screening would be an asset.
We are seeking for a scientist particularly interested in working at the bench, as the position is primarily lab based.
The candidate is expected to be highly rigorous, reliable, organized and capable of multitasking in an environment with changing priorities.
Apply for this job