Starting date: As soon as possible
Type of contract: Permanent
Location: Braine l’Alleud, BELGIUM
Job offer: Project manager / senior scientist in neurotoxicology (M/F)
You will setup and run neurotoxicology studies to support drug discovery programs. You will be expected to:
- Design and/or execute a variety of functional and neurophysiological assays, multi-electrode array and calcium imaging.
- Work with human stem cell based neuronal models (iPSC), expansion and differentiation protocols.
- Analyze and interpret data using adequately described mathematical models and computer software.
- Support UCB scientist in monitoring studies run at CROs and contribute to data interpretation
- Guaranteeing the client satisfaction regarding the data delivery and the timelines.
- Support setting up and maintaining a functional lab / core facility
Provide English written accurate reporting to the requester / project team but also to NovAliX team leader
You should have a PhD in life science, biochemistry, in vitro pharmacology, cell biology or any other related area with a min. of 3 years’ experience during which you have deepened and widened your practical & theoretical knowledge in developing and running neurobiological assays. Experience in the pharmaceutical industry would be a plus.
Practical expertise on neural models based on human stem cells (e.g. iPSC) as well as cell-bases assays and multi electrode arrays would be highly desirable. Proficiencies in other techniques such as ELISA, cell imaging and viral vector transduction would be an asset.
We are seeking an enthusiastic scientist, who has a keen sense of responsibility, willingness to learn and great leadership. In addition, you should have excellent communication skills to establish fruitful and trustable relationships with clients and colleagues. The candidate is expected to be highly rigorous, reliable, organized and capable of multitasking in an environment with changing priorities.
Apply for this job