Starting date: Asap
Type of contract: Permanent
Job offer: Project manager junior in Membrane Proteins (M/F)
NovAliX is always expanding new capabilities in various activities to assist our customers with challenging pharmaceutical targets. You will join the expanding membrane protein team inside the structural biology department. This team is dedicated to membrane targets including GPCRs and ion channels. Thanks to your previous experience in the field, you will help to develop protein production of these challenging targets expressed in various hosts including insect cells. You will participate in the implementation of state-of-the-art purification protocols, but you will also participate in development of more innovative purification and stabilization processes. These purified membrane proteins alone or possibly in complex with compounds and/or other partners will be used in structural biology studies including CryoEM, X-ray crystallography and Micro Electro diffraction and will also be evaluated in various biophysics technics such as SPR, NMR, MS/HDX-MS, MST, TSA.
Under the supervision of a senior scientist, you will:
- Manage either internal or customer’s related membrane protein projects.
- Realize standard purifications but also help to implement new process thanks to your expertise and your skills in the field.
- Interact with the other members of the team and of the structural biology department by sharing your expertise and your experiments in the field thanks to your good communication skills.
- Be at the interface of In vitro Pharmacology and various biophysics technics (SPR, CryoEM, MS, NMR, X-ray and more) and interact with experts of other departments of NovAliX
- Troubleshoot experimental issues
- Provide written accurate reporting
- Interact with customers in accordance with standards and guidelines of NovAl
You should have a PhD in life science, structural biology, biochemistry, or any other related area. You should master protein production and purification of membrane proteins. Some practical & theoretical knowledge in production of protein in different hosts (bacteria, insect cells, yeast…) would be an asset and well as previous experience using AKTA purification systems. Any other additional experience in membrane proteins including CryoEM, SPR or Xray will be highly valuable too.
The candidate should have at least 3 years experiences in the field of recombinant membrane protein purification.
We are seeking a person with good communication skills and has a good level in English (writing and speaking).
We are seeking an enthusiastic scientist, enjoying bench work, who has a keen sense of responsibility and who is able to work independently in experimental execution and data analysis. The candidate is expected to be highly rigorous, reliable, organized and capable of multitasking in an environment with changing priorities.
Apply for this job