Starting date: Asap
Type of contract: Permanent
Location: Braine l'Alleud (Belgium)
Job offer: Project Manager in Cellular and biochemical assays (M/F)
You will join a group of 8 biochemists/biophysicists which supports pre-clinical projects.
Under the supervision of a senior scientist, you will contribute to projects aiming at probing/improving drug-target interactions. You will be expected to:
- Design and/or execute a variety of cellular & biochemical assays utilizing appropriate protocols with minimal guidance of the senior scientist.
- Conduct autonomously primary and secondary screenings to support SAR studies using robotic platforms.
- Troubleshoot experimental issues.
- Assist the senior scientist for the data analysis using adequately described mathematical models (Excel & Graphpad Prism).
- Provide written accurate reporting.
You should have a PhD degree in biophysics, life science, biochemistry, in vitro pharmacology or any other related area with previous experience in the pharma industry, during which you have deepened and widened your practical & theoretical knowledge in developing and running cellular & biochemical assays in the fields of enzymology, receptology or transporters.
Most importantly, you can demonstrate a solid bench expertise in a variety of cellular and biochemical approaches such as luminescent assays, FRET/BRET, ELISA, high content imaging (HCA/HCS) and/or western blot. Proficiencies in biophysical techniques, such as SPR, would be an asset, as well as knowledges in automation.
We are seeking an enthusiastic scientist, enjoying bench work, who has a keen sense of responsibility and who is able to work independently in experimental execution and data analysis. The candidate is expected to be highly rigorous, reliable, organized and capable of multitasking in an environment with changing priorities.
Apply for this job
Sorry, we are not accepting any more applications for this job offer.See available Job Offers