Starting date: ASAP
Type of contract: Temporary
Location: Val-de-Reuil, FRANCE
Job offer: Post-doctoral position in Computational Medicinal Chemistry
Post-doctoral contract, 18 months
The Drug Discovery team of Novalix is opening a postdoctoral researcher position in computational structure and fragment-based drug discovery. During this period, Novalix is offering to candidates a unique opportunity to develop an additional expertise in artificial intelligence and apply novel approaches beyond current state-of-the-art for the discovery of new therapeutic small molecules. You will be fully integrated into our multidisciplinary research group where your creativity, knowledge will contribute to the Novalix‘s transformation and will be converted in innovative solutions for our team.
A deep knowledge of the drug discovery process is also fundamental, as well as the capability to understand and interpret experimental data from in vitro and in vivo pharmacological assays to molecular and structural biology. Daily interactions with experimentalists will be required, and therefore a multidisciplinary background is mandatory.
Novalix is looking for candidates with interest in translation of structural biology into drug discovery using machine learning techniques. The position will be opened on the Val-de-Reuil site located in France and could be transformed as a permanent position.
Your responsibilities :
- We seek candidates with interest in translation of structural biology into drug discovery using machine learning techniques.
- The position allows unique opportunity to merge state of the art structural biology and small molecule design by novel tools using Artificial Intelligence
- Experimental feedback (Structural biology, NMR, fragment screening, medicinal chemistry) will be used along biochemical methods to validate our computational predictions.
- Ideally, we are looking for a candidate with proven experience in machine learning models with multidimensional data, with good understanding of computational chemistry.
Your profile :
- Ph.D. degree and experience in Computational Chemistry or in Computational Drug Discovery. Excellent communication skills in English, as well as marked enthusiasm for research and creativity, are mandatory.
- Substantial previous experiences in docking, structure-based drug design, molecular dynamics simulations.
- Knowledge of highly efficient low-level programming languages (eg. C)
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming languages (eg. C++ or Java)
- Experience in developing deep learning models from scratch including graph convolutional neural networks and generative models
Apply for this job