Starting date: At January 2024
Type of contract: Temporary
Job offer: Cell Culture Specialist (W/M)
NovAliX is a contract research organization (CRO) of 400+ employees providing expert driven innovative outsourcing and insourcing research services for drug discovery. NovAliX offers to the pharmaceutical industry a complete range of services spanning In vitro Pharmacology, Biophysics, Biochemistry, Structural Biology, Chemistry & Drug Discovery. The position is based in the Paris area (Romainville).
You will join one of the structural biology department, dedicated to the production, purification and structural characterization of various recombinant proteins. Thanks to your previous experiences in cell culture, you will contribute to our research work by setting-up the expression process of new therapeutical target proteins.
Under the supervision of a Senior project manager, you will:
- Plan, organize and execute our cell culture activities (mammalial cells and insect cells), including baculovirus generation.
- Provide critical analysis of generated data, write reports and support the presentation of results.
- Troubleshoot experimental issues with the help of the other members of the team.
- Interact with the other members of the team by sharing your expertise and your experiments in the field thanks to your good communication skills.
- Actively participate in the life, functioning and development of the team by participating in general laboratory management and organization.
- Interact with customers in accordance with standards and guidelines of NovAliX.
Provide oral and written accurate reports/presentations internally or externally.
You have experience in cell culture, preferably with a Masters/Engineering degree in life sciences or Senior Technician with strong experience in this field. Hands-on experience in protein expression (insect/mammalian cells) and protein purification would be an advantage. You work precisely, have a critical mindset when looking at scientific data and maintain accurate records.
We are seeking a person with good communication skills and has a good level in English (writing and speaking). Ability to communicate in French would be an advantage.
We are seeking an enthusiastic scientist, enjoying bench work, who has a keen sense of responsibility and who is able to work independently as well as in a team environment in experimental execution and data analysis. The candidate is expected to be highly rigorous, team-player and very organized.