Starting date: ASAP
Type of contract: Permanent
Job offer: Business Development Manager in Structural Biology (M/F)
You are responsible for prospecting and developing a global client portfolio to increase sales of our “structural biology” capabilities to biopharma and biotech customers (pharmaceutical industry, CDMO/CMO, animal health, cosmetics, etc.).
You will be responsible for achieving sales targets targeting both small molecules and biologics. You will work with operations and the other members of the sales team to drive business and you will provide recommendations and feedback to the line management for business development and operational strategy.
Your duties will include:
- Handle the full sales cycle (identification, acquisition, implementation, expansion, and renewal).
- Maintain and develop his/her high level of expertise in our target markets and services and use this knowledge to drive business.
- Promote and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Work with operational scientific resources within the company to meet customer needs.
- Understand and appropriately communicate our offer to our customers. Maintain account awareness and evolving market knowledge.
- Work with CRM databases on a timely basis to enrich our customer knowledge, track business and develop new opportunities.
You have a Master’s degree in chemistry, biology, biophysics, or other Life Science fields related to the our activities, ideally combined with an MBA.
You have a “Business hunter” profile and several years of proven track-record in selling drug discovery capabilities and, more particularly, “structural biology” ones.
You have a good knowledge of structural biology activities: cryogenic electron microscopy, protein crystallography and production, protein structure determination, and a good understanding of the drug discovery and regulatory process as well as the commercial environment within the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
You have at least 5 years of pharmaceutical industry experience (pharmaceutical companies or CRO) and a long experience in structuring and modeling deals.
You are fluent in English, and you have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
You are enthusiastic, dynamic, have a strong team spirit, a sense of responsibility and customer service, and above all, an ability to travel worldwide.
Finally, you are passionate about your job, rigorous, autonomous and organized.
The position is based in Strasbourg – Frequent travel throughout the world to be expected